Search This Blog

Sunday 23 August 2015

Lady Cate blog introduction

Here is the lovely Lady Cate. She is an Otter 36ft twin diesel motor yacht. She has two double cabins, both en-suite and one with a shower, and a large wheelhouse, with an extra berth. Built in 1967 she is 20 years younger than me but is already a great classic boat. 

I bought her on 1st August 2015 and practically live on her now.

I am keeping her at The Granary Marina in Melton, Suffolk,UK on the beautiful River Deben. There is a very friendly community here. The boats include some real classic East coast gems, especially the lovely Blackthorne, a small Thames barge. The views are fabulous and there is a wonderful variety of bird life. It's like being on a happy holiday all the time.

I plan to write a blog about her and her travels, mainly for my family and friends but also for boat-folk who might be interested in the journeys and the technical stuff.

This is my first post, so I'm learning my way. Another journey to blog about.

Cheers for now.

Chris




2 comments:

  1. Wonderful! I'd lost this due to my excessively full inbox. Found it on Google. Keep writing.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely to hear from you. You are my first comment. Good to discover how the blog works.

    ReplyDelete