Search This Blog

Wednesday 30 September 2015

WiFi COMMUNICATIONS


 

Here at the Granary Yacht Harbour we have a tidal range of some 4 metres. As the tide falls the quality of the little EE go everywhere WiFi box link also falls until I'm cut off! 













The answer, as the tide falls, is to lift the little box higher and higher to keep it in contact with (presumably) the nearest radio mast. So I end up hanging it in the wheelhouse roof, then putting on the wheelhouse roof and finally hoisting it up the mast!




I also have a thing called a WiFi Bat which is hoisted high on the mast. It detects a dozen or so WiFis including the local pub's. However the links are comparatively slow compared with the EE 4G service.




I've got to get all my telecomms sorted I've got BT at Rafiki, Vodafone for my email and EE to get 4G for this tablet. Chaos!

No comments:

Post a Comment