Search This Blog

Wednesday 25 May 2016

KITTY HAS ARRIVED

I have had a need long in the gestation. Before travelling seriously Lady Cate has to have a tender, for going ashore when at anchor and who knows what other situations. I decided I'd also have the joy of a little local sailing. Swallows and Amazons revisited - both Peter Duck and Nancy Blackett are moored in the Deben.

So, after months of looking, I've bought Kitty from Andy Seedhouse. our local, long established, small boat merchant. Made in Lowestoft, she is an 8ft pram dinghy with a single sail lug rig.





Here she is, lying snuggled up to Lady Cate's bow.

And here she is being rigged.
 

 And now waiting for the wind.



Susie, Mick's American wife, will paint her name on soon. I must get some rubbing strake on her.

No comments:

Post a Comment