Search This Blog

Tuesday 23 August 2016

THAMESWARD

After three earlier tries, all blocked by family matters, Friday 26th August seems like the right day to go. The plan is to go up the Thames as far as Lady Cate can which I think is just downstream from Oxford. Lady Cate's air draft is three metres. Folly Bridge has exactly the same.

The synoptic chart looks good.


All those lovely highs with isobars miles apart means quiet weather. Here's hoping. I am not in need of any challenges.

I plan to go down with the rising tide to Queenborough and anchor overnight in the small boat mooring area in Stangate Creek. A nice buoy-hopping track all the way. The problem is that I can't get the ST5000 Autohelm to take a course to steer. It keeps switching off when I try to set course. So far none of us can sort it so I'll just have to drive myself all the way. It's a tough life!

FOLLOWING FIVE CHARTS COURTESY OF IMRAY LAURIE NORIE & WILSON 
 C1, Y18 and EAST COAST PILOT




On Saturday middayish I'll catch the rising tide along the outer Thames reaches to carry me in to either Limehouse or South Dock Marina. 









I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment